Monday, October 27, 2014

My New Love

I discovered a fabulous new group, Bible Journaling Community, on Facebook a month or so and have fallen in love with a different kind of art for me. It is worshipping in God's Word with your art. It has really reignited a passion for His Word in my life. My art is simple and many of my entries are inspired from others in the Journaling Bible Community, but they are all helping me see His Word with fresh eyes!

This has led to me becoming a part of a new Christian community, His Kingdom Come, which will be launched on November 1, 2014 with a blog hop. I will be moderating the Bible Journaling group and I am pretty excited!  I hope that you will all join us!


This paper was from one of Shonna Bucaroff's free online classes 
and I turned it into a cover for my Bible. I just love it.


This was inspired from a poster from a post on Facebook.


This was an exercise from the Beth Moore study, Children of the Day, that I am in at the moment. It was a "repeat after me" about giving up control. I painted a back round on tracing paper (inspired from a pin on Pinterest) and then wrote the "repeat" on top of in and used washi tape to tape it into my Bible. I need this "repeat" so much that I made it my phone's lock screen wallpaper. :)


It even gives me a great way to add the sermon notes that really speak to me to my Bible vs keeping them in a notebook that I won't look at again once it's filled. 



This I did a long time ago...before I'd even heard of Bible journaling. 
This is just the beginning of my new journey.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE your journal Bible!!! Will you join my on-line Bible study beginning in June and share your beautiful pics with our group???

http://biblestoriesfromtheheart.com/cool-people-on-line-bible-study/

I would LOVE to partner with you somehow??? :)