Saturday, October 18, 2008

First Picture on EDM blog



Well, here is my first "official" post on EDM. This painting is done in my new Punjab Journal from Daniel Smith. I can't tell you just how much I love this handmade paper--see the wonderful page edges?! The only negative thing about it is that you can't scrub anything off--it ruins the top of the paper--but from what I understand from Danny Gregory--we aren't supposed to be erasing!


Here is another one in the same book. I wasn't wild about the pen on the top right bunch of grapes--but at least I know how this paper takes such a broad pen.
It is fun to be part of such an awesome group of artists--It all helps in my education and draw back into something that so wonderfully feeds my soul and opens my eyes to the wonder all around me!

15 comments:

Lisa Adams Reed said...

This is delightful! I read your whole blog and am happy to meet you. Welcome to EDM!
Lisa

Timaree said...

I think these are wonderful pictures. A very nice first posting! You are doing better than I do especially with watercolor. So much to learn. Why oh why did I wait till my 50's! I'll enjoy seeing your future posts.

Christie said...

Welcome to EDM - your watercolors are delicious and your blog is delightful.

owenswain said...

Welcome to EDM. I'm a newcomer to EDM too. ::thrive!

Unknown said...

Hey! You don't need to scrub anything! It is lovely as it is. I love the full grwon appetising grapes. I do like your added touch to paint this leaf in all its splendour.
Well done!

Anonymous said...

Your journal pages are beautiful. Great job! Welcome to the group!
P.S. I really loved that sketch on the right side of your blog. To think I have been weighing myself wrong all these years:)

The Best Decade said...

Thank all of you for your wonderfully affirming comments. I can see that I've chosen the right community to belong to :-)! I could spend all day looking at all of your beautiful pictures--but back to the brush!

Susan said...

Wonderful!

kazumiwannabe said...

Beautiful paintings! love the subjects and great colors! Your blog is cool - I loved the unique weighing technique!

sharon said...

i love your paintings!! and am very glad to find out i've been weighing myself WRONG all these years !! HA !

Monette Satterfield said...

Your work is very nice. I especially like the grapes and wine glass page. You did a good job with the glass and reflections - both of which are challenging.

Lynn said...

Welcome to the EDM group! Your sketches are just wonderful. Keep up the good work!

L'Adelaide said...

I found you from Passions of an Odd Chick, one of my favorite places :) I love your watercolors and am amazed you are just starting?? You are doing so brilliantly! I am going to have to find out what is EDM...

Blessings..

Judybec said...

Beautiful! I love all the yummy colors.... especially the foreground washes!!!
Glad you're doing the postcard swap .... this is my first swap too.

abstractLatte said...

Those pages are great!

I used to have a sketchbook of handmade paper, loved the deckled edges and textures. I too found it hard to erase while maintaining the integrity of the paper.