Thursday, June 21, 2007

Still waiting

Well, this is my first blogging experience...hmmm...wonder what it will help me discover about myself and what the Lord has in store for me?

I have been "sitting" for 1 year now since resigning from a ministry position. I was so sure that God had a new chapter all ready to reveal to me when I followed HIS prompting to resign. So sure that the house would sell immediately and that we would be back "home" by the end of last summer...I wonder if God wonders if I will ever really get the fact that His ways aren't my ways etc. I am so glad that He isn't like earthly parents, but that His way is perfect and that NOTHING ever keeps His word from being fulfilled, "I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11

I am at a level of peace now, knowing that His timing just hasn't been reached yet. I don't want to miss ANYTHING that He has for me to know or learn. I know that waiting is one of the best ways to get to know Him more and that is my goal--to really KNOW Him more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am waiting too. And yet I must confess that if God doesn't plan to have you move, in my flesh, I will be disappointed. In my soul I will rejoice wherever He leads you, that you glorify Him. You are doing that as you are waiting by creating this journaling together. Paul often wrote about how he longed to see some of his fellow believers. Better to be in waiting and so we wait and pray too. Fran