Friday, June 22, 2007

The high charge of being a mom

A special friend forwarded me this poem. What a challenge it is to all the moms of this world. If we aren't diligent about our paths our precious little lambs will follow right behind us. No matter how old they are our job to stay on the right path never ends. What an awesome responsibility the Lord has given to all of us. How can ever get off our knees?

'Twas a Sheep Not a Lamb
'Twas a sheep, not a lamb, that strayed away in the parable Jesus told:A grown-up sheep that had gone astray from the ninety and nine in the fold.Out on the hillside, out in the cold, 'twas a sheep the Good Shepherd sought and back to the the flock, safe in the fold, 'twas a sheep the Good Shepherd brought. And why for the sheep should we earnestly long and as earnestly hope and pray?Because there is danger, if they go wrong they will lead the lambs astray. For the lambs will follow the sheep you know, wherever the sheep may stray: When the sheep go wrong, it will not be long till the lambs are as wrong as they. And so with the sheep we earnestly plead, for the sake of the lambs today; If the lambs are lost, what terrible cost some sheep will have to pay!
Parable of the Lost sheep - Luke 15:1-7
Author Unknown

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think of what kind of sheep I am when I'm in the classroom teaching little six years olds. I recognize that I need to be more merciful and gracious as my Shepherd is with me. It is humbling to realize how forgiving He is of my sin and how I have to learn the same lesson over and over again. How can I be frustrated with my students, or even their parents for that matter? I must look on their hearts and God does on mine. What an incredible responsibility it is to be a mom, mentor, teacher; only by His Spirit can I do anything that lasts. His loving kindness is better than life. --Fran